Thursday 10 January 2008

Incapability Brown & my only new year’s resolution for 2008

I read the article in The Times today detailing the pro-EU activities of the British PM (Incapability Brown) and the French President via their high-level call to the Portuguese PM.

“A referendum on the controversial redrafted EU constitution was ruled out by Portugal yesterday after pressure from Gordon Brown and President Sarkozy.


The Prime Minister and Mr Sarkozy called José Sócrates, the Portuguese Prime Minister, to insist that a popular ballot was not necessary.”

I really can’t believe the actions of Incapability Brown, after worming his way out of delivering a referendum to the British people on what will ultimately prove to be the most important treaty in UK history, (not in the document itself), but because it will likely be seen by historians as the final turn of the key that locked the UK into the EU Federal state.

Now he has worked with his equally incapable French colleague, and apparently successfully to persuade the leader of another temporarily sovereign nation, from giving its people a democratic choice on the future direction their country takes.

So it looks like down to one of the Eastern EU counties maybe Poland to save us all?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3162632.ece

++++++++++

My only new year resolution for 2008, is to keep doing what I’ve been doing for a few years now, when I became less interested in reading which football team beat another football team and more interested in politics and world events.

I make a point of regularly checking the Main Stream Media (MSM) news from at least four sources so I normally start with the BBC for news-lite, then check Sky news for news-OTT, and then a couple of newspaper sites normally The Times and The Independent, I’d also check The Guardian but it is such a depressing read I limit my exposure to it. I like to go these sites, to see what they don’t report as much what they do and how they report it. The injection of MSM news is then balanced with an broad scan around the internet and bloggersphere for the alternative news.

It’s a resolution I can keep (the first) and it keeps a person thinking….

No comments: